Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I hope you all had as lovely a Thanksgiving as us. We spent the day eating delicious food with wonderful family and friends. This was our kids' table. There were a lot of kids.
The dinner was wonderful. There was a variety of dishes, too many to fit on one plate. That's what you get when you have three women split up the cooking: too much food. A problem I am happy to deal with any day of the week.
I have to give a shout-out to my sister-in-law Julie for her roll recipe. I used it and boy, was I ever popular. Those rolls are so yummy and everyone always loves them.
After dinner came the best part: DESSERT! I baked the chocolate pie and berry cobbler; my sister made the pumpkin pies. I can attest from first-hand experience that they were all delicious.
In addition to partaking of the delectable food, we had a wonderful time talking with the other adults about things we are thankful for. Our spouses, children, and the gospel ranked high on everybody's list.
As far as I can tell, everyone had a great time. My kids cried when we left, which was only partially due due to exhaustion from running around with their cousins all day. Mostly they were sad to leave. Thanks to Angela and Matt for hosting everyone!
Oh, and one more thing:
Gobble, gobble! :o)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Your Thanksgiving looks so yummy. I think it is time to share the roll recipe.

giraffe background