Monday, November 24, 2008

God Will Protect Us

After Caleb finished preschool the other day, we picked up his buddy Danny for a play date. We drove over to big sister's school to wait about 20 minutes until she got out. While I fed the baby, the boys played on the grass.
There were a couple of other boys on the basketball court that Caleb wanted to go play with. Danny was hesitant to approach kids he didn't know. Caleb said "Don't worry, God will protect us." Since he goes to a Methodist preschool, I asked if he learned that at school today. He said "No, Daddy taught me that."

For a kid who doesn't ever seem to listen during family scripture time, I'm glad to see something has sunk in. Even if it wasn't the exact application Daddy meant.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You guys are doing a great job with your kids! I love it when you find out your kids are actually listening to you.

giraffe background