Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Favorites

So I had this idea to post a few of my fav-o-rite things (name that musical) on Fridays. Hence, Friday Favorites. Maybe it's silly, but I'm a girl who likes structure. Plus, I thought it would be fun to chronicle some of the random small things in life that make me happy. For as we know, it's the little things that count... right?

Let's kick it off with this: Almond, pistachio, and milk body butter.
Mmmmm, I love this stuff! Maybe because it's made from food products, but it is my favorite scent in the whole world. It's mild, fresh, and kind of vanilla-y. It's thick and rich without being greasy, which is my complaint about most body butters. And it just makes me happy when I wear it... like right now.

Because it’s my favorite, I brought it to the hospital when I had Ben. Then I ran out for awhile and recently got some again. Now every time I put it on, it reminds me of that hospital stay. Which should be a bad thing, considering this is when I got sliced open, shared a room with a teenage mom who watched TV when I was trying to sleep, about bled to death, and listened to construction on the hospital all day long while in a pain killer-induced stupor.Luckily, the memories that come to mind instead are of enjoying my sweet baby boy on his first few days of life. Erik would come and sit with me for hours. Since I had two IV's, I couldn't hold the baby very easily. Erik would hold Ben while I napped, or we would talk about the miracle of this sweet new baby, so fresh from heaven. I fell in love with my husband all over again, watching him so in love with our brand-new baby.

Whew! I certainly didn’t intend to get so instense about lotion! Bottom line, it’s great stuff, it smells wonderful, and you can get it at Target for ten bucks. Check it out!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Can't wait to hear about all your favorites. I'll have to try this body butter you like.

Audrey said...

What a great idea. I think I'll steal this idea for my Friday's and also the one from your way back Wednesday. You are a genius!!

giraffe background