Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fall Foliage

I know that the fall season is almost technically over, but where I live we pretty much go straight from fall to spring. So we are finally getting some pretty autumn leaves. This morning I went for a run/walk and snapped a few photos. I also discovered that having a camera is a good excuse for taking running breaks. "Naw, I'm not tired. Just wanted to get a few pictures. Pant, pant *wheeze*."Now I have to say, as lovely as these next trees are, they are pretty puny. I guess they haven't been around that long...but just think how large and full they will be in another deade or so. Grow, little guys, grow! You can do it!

I just love the contrast of the leaves and berries on this one.
I will say, I have never seen more beautiful fall foliage than when I lived in Michigan. That's one thing I do miss greatly about living there. But, I will enjoy what we have here in the sun.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Pretty pictures. It is so fun to stop and enjoy the sights around you.

Lori said...

That's so funny that you posted those pictures because I've seen those same trees and thought they looked like Fall - what little we get.

Audrey said...

What a great idea to take your camera jogging with you. Not only do you get great pictures, you get an even better excuse to take a break!!

Julie said...

Oh the lengths we go to for our blogs. I love the small glimpses of Fall we get around here.

giraffe background