Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bookclub Excursion

Yesterday, I went here:
To see this:
My bookclub read the play last year, and we were excited at the chance to view it live and in person. It was a cute, smallish theater with the stage in the middle of the room and audience seating on all four sides.
Perhaps due to the afternoon performance time, the majority of the audience was in the white-hair crowd... except for my favorite audience member, whose hair was unique and vibrant.

I love her. I also love the two hard-of-hearing ladies sitting behind us who made loud comments about the actors during the performance, such as "He's so skiiiinny" and "Look at that hat!"
Fun times were had by all. I was glad to share a fun afternoon with some great friends.

We'll have to do it again sometime. And next time, please believe Lori when she insists one of the actors from the play is sitting at the next table at the restaurant. Because she's probably right.

8 comments:

Lori said...

I loved your write up of our excursion. It was a fun day!

Cathy said...

We read that play too. That would be so fun to see it live. You guys are so fun.

Christy said...

Yeah, I found your blog. Everyone really IS cute and fun here. :) I am going to my first book club meeting tonight...what are the chances? Hope my group is as fun as yours sounds.

I'm so glad you are blogging. It is fun to watch the kiddies grow.

Maren said...

I am so excited about your blog. Sorry I have not been on-line for a few days, so I didn't get to admire it earlier. It's so adorable, of course. I especially loved your photos here of the theater crowd - and the vibrant hairdo. I have seldom laughed so hard. It's almost as cool as the grey-green hair I sported in college :)

Julie said...

How fun for you guys to hang out with the more "seasoned" crowd. Love that orange hair.

Aryn said...

Looks like fun! I love intimate play settings like that. Though I'm straining to see if I know anyone in that picture (won't let me click on it and make it blow up. Boo. :))

I'm so glad you're blogging.

Cynthia said...

Aryn, I'm the tall one in the back. On the right. Is that the picture you're referring to? Or the audience photo with Ms. Orange Hair? Not sure if you'd know anyone in that one...but who knows? You are a personality that relates to all ages, so you just may have a friend in there. :)

Tracy said...

Hey, I found your blog!! I love it. I will now copy and paste my journal entry :)

giraffe background