Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow!

We visited the snow on Saturday.The kids had a blast making snowballs (or holding asymmetric blobs of snow, as the case may be)... ...and were excited to wear their winter gear that, let's face it, they just don't get to use that often. Don't worry, we didn't have to travel far......we just went to Erik's holiday party at work. Yes, they shipped in snow for the event. That's what they do out here in non-snow country. It makes me chuckle just a little, since with the crowds of people and the constant melting it's really not very close to playing in the real stuff. But then I remember that I'm wearing a t-shirt in 70-degree weather and am back to feeling just fine about the whole thing.

Also at the party were cookies to decorate and sleigh rides to be had (or, at the very least, posed).Santa even paid a visit (even though we didn't get any photographic proof). All in all, a fun day for the whole fam.

4 comments:

Lori said...

That looks like fun! I bet your kids loved it. Thanks to you, I went to Target to get some Mint Truffle Hershey kisses. Yummy! I want to make the recipe for brownie mint truffle cups!

Thayne6 said...

That's the kind of snow I'd like--the kind that doesn't stay!
--Jamie

Erik said...

What a blast! I have to say I was amused that you use the term "winter gear" to describe a GAP zip up sweat shirt and mittens ;-)

Drewmeister said...

This is just too funny--I cracked up when I saw that they brought in snow.

giraffe background