Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Way Back When-sday: Freshman Year Fun

OK, this is a goooooood one. This little gem comes from my freshman year at BYU. Being teetotaling (is that a word?) freshmen, we thought it would be crazy and fun to dress up in clashing clothes and go play up at the JKHB. This means we basically did karaoke and danced around. Allow me to introduce you to my friends. Left to right we have Amy, Cathy, Coralie, Aryn, and Yours Truly. Sorry about the awkward shape of the photograph. This was my first attempt at scrapbooking, and for some reason I thought I should cut out the background from every photograph.

What cracks me up is that this was seriously big fun for us. I remember thinking we were so cool and fun to think of something so crazy. Of course, I'm sure it was all Aryn's idea. But I remember Amy drawing funny pictures of all of us on the chalkboard, and Aryn and Coralie rocking out. I think I sat at the piano and played hymns, since every decent-sized classroom on campus doubled as a chapel or Relief Society room and thus had a piano and hymnbooks. Funny how one picture can bring back random memories. Ladies, what do you remember from this night?

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I remember it fondly and still seem to dress that way from time to time..I love that you remember sitting and playing hymns.
Our parents had nothing to worry about. I only hope my kids find such fun innocent stuff stuff to do on a Friday night.

Maren said...

I can't believe you would do something soooo silly, I mean we were so much more mature when I hung out with you guys as sophomores :)

Seriously, though, Amy wins for the coolest outfit and dance move. She looks like she is really rocking out, and I LOVE the mismatched shoes.

Unknown said...

I remember feeling like total bada** rebel. And I remember seriously wearing that orange jacket to church a time or two. Ouch. It's all too painful.

Aryn said...

Love the picture and the faces, makes me smile. And I remember it pretty much exactly as you told it. We really thought we were too cool for school... but the sad truth is probably that none of us had dates, so we had to come up with SOMETHING to do! Ha!

I sure thought I (italicize that for dramatic affect) was awesome, as my friends were from all over - MN, VA, CA, and Canada. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

giraffe background