Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Favorites: TV Show

My favorite TV show of all time is no longer on the air, but I loved it for seven seasons and still miss it. It is.....drumroll please.... the beloved Gilmore Girls!
This show is so great: fast-moving, clever, funny, touching... It is the story of a mother and her teenage daughter and their adventures in friendships, dating, and family relationships. They live in a small town full of quirky, hilarious characters. Plus a whole slew of pop culture references are always included, which are really funny when you catch them and kind of confusing when you don't get it. When I watch too many episodes in a row I find myself talking faster and trying to be clever and quippy like my best gals, those Gilmore Girls. I've bought most of the seasons on DVD's and watch them while I run on the treadmill. It works out pretty well to watch one full episode while I run and stretch out afterwards. And then I sit there and watch the last few minutes because I can't just stop it when I'm almost to the end, right?
If you've never watched it, they show re-runs on TV on a fairly regular basis, or you could borrow them from me. If I decide I can part with them for a short time.

7 comments:

Layton family said...

I can NOT not not believe you hassled me for loving the Bachelor. Is Dawson's Creek #2 for you???

Kel said...

OK...i LOVE GG!! In fact, my sister and i are currently watching the final season...we get together as often as we can (in the evenings, when husbands are away at meetings) and watch (we bought the season for each other for xmas)!! Can't wait to see how it all ends...NOT happy that Lorelai is back with Jonathon and absolutly adore Logan!! So glad to know that we're not alone in our stay-at-home-mom-mid-30's-obsession with GG!?!?

Kel said...

addendum: CHRISTOPHER...not 'Jonathon'...what was i thinking!? i going to blame it on the sleep-deprived-lack-of-brain-cells that i've got going on right now!?

Cynthia said...

Laura, are you really comparing smart, witty television to a reality show????

Layton family said...

Well, we all have our own definition of witty. The only show I watched every episode of as reruns was when I was pregnant with Jane. I watched 2 episodes a day of 90210. You can watch 10 years of tv in no time

Cheri said...

I love Gilmore Girls. I usually have it playing on the computer while I proof photo shoots. Either that or Friends.

Lori said...

O.K. I have to admit that I haven't seen one episode of Gilmore Girls. If you can bear to lend me some, I'll try them out.

giraffe background