Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

In place of a favorite thing this Friday, I decided to take a nod from Facebook and post my "25 Random Things About Me" list. For those who aren't aware, this is the latest facebook fad. It's been fun to read new and interesting things about people I thought I knew pretty well, and to think of things I wanted to write about myself. Of course, as soon as I posted my list on facebook, I thought of 6 more things I should have put on the list. Oh well. Maybe it will make the rounds again in a few years. So, here goes:

25 Random things about me:

1. As much as I love to sing, I never sing in the shower. I am in there to do one job: get clean. Once that's done, I get out.

2. You wouldn’t know it by looking at my house, but I love to organize. Organizing a cupboard, drawer, or closet shelf fills me with joy.

3. I gave birth (c-section every time) to my three children in three different states (MI, WA, and CA).

4. I have never had a great haircut. Ever. Even when I thought I did at the time, I look back and realize, hmmmm, not so much.

5. I aspire to love running.

6. I love food. I love to eat delicious food. Heck, I love to eat crappy food. I could never, ever be anorexic.

7. I love to make people laugh. I will say and do ridiculous things to elicit a laugh.

8. I have never taken a drink of alcohol or smoked a cigarette…and honestly, I don’t feel like I’m missing out. The sleep depravation and stress of motherhood has done enough to warp my brain, I don’t need any help there.

9. I love a good backscratch.

10. I never had weight issues until I graduated from college. Growing up, I was always the skinny kid. Now, I’m the chubby mommy. But I'm working on it.

11. I never dream about my husband or children; however, my siblings and our childhood home often make an appearance.

12. I love doing home improvement projects, although I am a major 90-percenter. Those final details never seem to get done.

13. I love lists. I make lists constantly. This list is taking me to my happy place.

14. It drives me crazy when people equate “open-mindedness” with “you accepting my liberal point of view while I mock your conservative one.”

15. Chocolate and mint is my favorite flavor combination, followed closely by chocolate and peanut butter.

16. I am a huge fan of ziploc bags. I have them in every size.

17. I don’t share covers. My husband and I have separate blankets.

18. I am still an active member of the church in which I was raised. This includes (but is certainly not limited to) attending church for three hours every Sunday with my husband and three young children. Yes, even when it’s during naptime.

19. I’m very directionally challenged. Even when I have a map, I get lost.

20. I am not a pet person. I have no desire to own a pet because, let’s face it, I deal with enough poop as it is.

21. I love algebra.

22. All those years of piano lessons paid off. I accompany for church events and musical numbers at least once a month (usually more like weekly) since I was 16. OK, more like 12. And 95% of the time, I love it.

23. I am generally a very timely person and am bugged by people who are perpetually late.

24. I’m left-handed.

25. My childrens’ laughter is the sweetest sound in the world to me.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this list! #21 makes me rethink our friendship though. Really? Algebra?

daveanddebbie said...

It was fun reading your list. Amen to #6 and #15!! Oh, and will you please come visit me and organize my shelves, closets and cupboards! I get a lot of joy when they are organized, but it never seems to last! I love that you will will do anything to make people laugh. I guess that's why you're so much fun!

Tracy said...

Algebra is cool. I can't wait until my kids need help with it. I hope I will still remember how. I love Choc. and mint. I was never a fan of choc. and peanut butter until I married John. He loves it and it has grown on me. I have always loved peanut M&Ms!

giraffe background