Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Written in Black and White

A couple of weeks ago, our local paper announced that they wanted people to write in and tell why their mom was special so they could print a Mother's Day tribute page. Olivia saw this and decided that very day she wanted to write something. On her own, she wrote a little something, put it in an envelope, and we helped her address and mail it.

I couldn't help but think "I'm so lucky my daughter loves me so much, she wanted to tell the world how great I am." The next day when she came home from school she asked "Is my name in the paper yet?" I guess she was less interested in declaring her adoration for her mother than in seeing her name in print. Oh well, it was fun to see it when it did come out.
I love that she thinks going to Denny's is a big deal. We've been a couple of times, just the two of us, and she thinks it's the greatest thing ever. I'd like to think it's my company she appreciates, but I'm pretty sure it's the free coloring page. In any case, it was a fun little Mother's Day tribute.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Very cute. Denny's Rocks.

Christy said...

So sweet.

Maren said...

So sweet. Did you and Olivia ever call your waiter "My Little Hashbrown" and leave him a flirtatious note? Yeah, probably not... but Denny's is a great place for fun memories. Hope you had a great mother's day!

Aryn said...

Too cute. I love that you play so she can dance and take her to Denny's. What more would a girl need? Happy belated Mother's Day! :)

Lori said...

Very sweet, Olivia!

giraffe background