Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Way Back When-sday: Strawberry Farm

Last week, I accompanied Caleb on his preschool field trip to the strawberry farm. Being there brought back memories of when we had gone on the same fieldtrip two years prior, when Olivia was a preschooler. It struck me how quickly time passes, and I'm so glad I got to go with him on this fieldtrip. I was all stressed about how Ben would miss his nap if we went, but Caleb really wanted me to go so I decided to just take my chances and hope Ben wouldn't get too cranky.

As luck would have it, Erik stayed home from work sick that day, so I was able to put Ben down for a nap and go with Caleb. It was relaxing and fun to be with just him and not have to try to wrangle a wiggly one-year-old. Also, I think Caleb enjoyed the one-on-one time. I know I did. Here he is with his strawberries (pardon the facial expression. I think he was complaining that the strawberries were too heavy to hold a second longer).
And here he is with his strawberries two years ago.
Time is speeding up and I don't like it! Someone push the pause button, please!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I feel your pain! Time does go by too fast. Glad you were able to enjoy some one on one. We're still trying to figure out how to actually plan that into our week with each child. It's really a challenge!

Drewmeister said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Especially loved that you included pix from 2 years ago. Both kids have already grown up since then.

Tracy said...

I have strawberry pictures of Johnny and Whit, but none of Emily. Maybe Ben will do better.

giraffe background