Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Way Back When-sday

This one comes from the crazy college years. We were always doing weird stuff, and I'm pretty sure we are all pointing and have our eyes wide for some specific reason. It's one of those "I'm sure made perfect sense at the time" situations.... which is fun in the moment, but when you look back 15 years later you just kind of think "Hm. Uh.... OK."
However, I can't pass up the quick reminicing about BYU off-campus housing. I love the brick walls in the background, the kind you have to tape pictures to. No nailing things to the walls here! And the wood paneling.... the memories just come flooding back, don't they? I also love love LOVE the roommate photo hanging on te wall. Yes, we actually went down to a studio and had a picture taken to hang in our apartment. Which seemed totally normal at the time. But now... is that kind of strange? Anyway, we had fun. And we were fun. And we're still fun. At least, I like to think so.

ps... Who loves my mushroom hair? What was I thinking?!!

7 comments:

Layton family said...

One word: WOW

Lori said...

I have a roommate picture from my freshman year. I'll show you sometime. And I have plenty of "interesting" pictures from that time as well.

Thayne6 said...

Ahh--good old Campus Plaza. Those were the days. And yes, we had a picture, too.
--Jamie
PS-Love the hair!

Maren said...

I have been waiting for the day when one of our old BYU photos would show up in Way Back Whens-day... all I can say is, as weird as this photo is, I know you have been kind to us. There are so many worse ones - that could be a lot more embarrassing.
I have to say that I always thought that your "mushroom" haircut was adorable - I still love it.
I have no idea what we are doing in this photo - but since most of the first year we lived together I was in a sleep deprived delirium - my memory of this period is pretty hazy.
And I can assure you that we are all DEFINITELY still fun!

Hilma Bellessa said...

I loved you hair and tried to get mine just like yours when Amy, Sally and I met you in London.

Aryn said...

This was enjoyable!! Not only are those faces adorable, but I am rolling about the brick walls and the "family" picture. Such silly girls.

Kristen said...

Hi Cynthia - thanks for saying "HI" on my blog and playing along with my attempt to do some "delurking" on my blog.

Any friend of Brent and Amy's is a friend of mine. :D Especially if she is a giant (5' 9"+) like me.

Nice to meet you!

giraffe background