Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break Recap: Collage-a-mania, Baby

This past week was spring break. We did a few fun things, got some work done around the house, and basically just enjoyed the lack of scheduled days. I thought I could be like my dear friend Cathy and do big fun things each day, but my kids just aren't used to so much fun. They (and I) got tired. I think I just need to face the reality that I'll never be as fun a mom as Cathy. :) But I did try to break out of my homebody nature and have some fun with the kids.
One of the days I took the kids to the children's museum.

We love this place. Caleb's favorite part is the space shuttle, where you get to dress up in real NASA uniforms and pretend to fly the space shuttle. Olivia enjoyed the hospital area this time, testing the patient's heart rate and trying out the crutches. Ben and I relaxed in the wheelchair. Another favorite section is the restaurant, where the kids can take your order and "cook up" a fabulous meal.
Our big fun came Thursday and Friday when Erik took off work. Thursday morning we decided to finally paint Olivia's room. I am excited to make her room into a cute girly room and move Caleb in with Ben. The kids were pretty good little painters, and we got the whole thing done. That pink wall was a pain to cover.
Thursday night we went on a fun family overnight trip to... Camarillo. It's 25 minutes away, but as far as the kids were concerned, it was a big vacation. It worked out really well. We stayed at the Holiday Inn, went out to eat, went swimming in the pool a couple of times, ate the free breakfast, and watched a movie. The kids thought it was great. So, if you're in the market for a fun, cheap vacation, I highly recommend staying a night in a hotel close to home.
Swimming at the pool:

Olivia jumping on the hotel beds:

Now we're back to real life. It was a fun week off, but I'm ready to get back in the routine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

giraffe background