Saturday, April 4, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too...

So yesterday was my birthday. I'm 35 years old. How did I get to my mid-thirties, I ask? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it happened when I wasn't looking.

I was skimming a news story this morning and the article mentioned that the woman who robbed a house was 35. I immediately thought to myself "Oh, she's kind of old." Then I remembered that's the same age I am. So I guess I'm kind of old now. Then why do I still feel like a shy, insecure kid most of the time? Life is strange, I'll tell you that much.

I had a fun birthday. I received many well wishes on my facebook account (another tick in the "love facebook" column), and several phone calls. The day before, my friends prepared a yummy potluck lunch at our weekly park day. We had out-of-town company staying the night before my birthday, so I got to share a french toast breakfast (thanks for the homemade bread, Tracy!) and nice conversation with them before sending them on their way mid-morning. In the afternoon I paid a visit to the chiropractor and then Erik and I had a fun date night. We had a delicious dinner here:
and then went to see this:
It was a fun, energetic song-and-dance Broadway-style show. There was so much tap-dancing it about made me want to pull out my old tap shoes from the two semesters of tap I took at BYU. Then I remembered I was completely exhausted and leaned my head on Erik's shoulder. I'm sure I wouldn't remember any steps anyway. I swear those actors must have burned about a thousand calories apiece during the show. They were dancing the entire time! It was impressive.

Erik showed off his good listening skills by getting me exactly what I asked for:

Now I can put all the knowledge I gained from my photography class to work!

Yesterday as I was making french toast for our guests, my astute child Olivia asked "Mommy, why are you making the breakfast if it's your birthday?" Thus, I've been promised breakfast in bed tomorrow (this morning Erik and Olivia left early for her track meet). All in all, it was a pretty great birthday. Even though now I'm kind of old.

6 comments:

Hilma Bellessa said...

Happy birthday. Life seems to fly by doesn't it? Why is was only yesterday....

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday!! If it makes you feel any better I forgot my brother's on the second...have yet to acknowledge it. Your day sounds wonderful. Isn't that the program PW always talks about? What a great gift.

Kel said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still feels like an insecure little kid sometimes. Happy Birthday!

Lori said...

Glad you had a fun birthday! Now that you have Photoshop Elements you can start digital scrapbooking!

Julie said...

I can't wait to see what you do with photoshop elements, and this new photography class. I'm so glad you had a good birthday. You deserve it!

giraffe background