Monday, April 13, 2009

Girls' Weekend!!!

I had the fantastic opportunity to go on a girls' weekend with my three lovely, talented, and super-fun sisters. The four of us have never gone on a trip all together, and it was really fun to be with three women with whom I have a life-long bond. With two of us living in southern CA and two in northern CA, we ditched our husbands and kids for three days and met up in the middle. We enjoyed shopping, eating out every meal, and getting facials and massages at our resort hotel in central CA. What can I say, it was fabulous. I mean seriously, how could it not be?

One of the main benefits of traveling, in my opinion, is eating out every meal. Maybe it was just because we didn't have to prepare, clean up, or attempt to get any of our children to eat the meals, but the food was delicious. We ate often and we ate well. We took lots of pictures of us eating:
The BBQ beef sandwiches at Brad's were so great, we got them for lunch two days in a row.
We also did quite a bit of shopping. We spent a day at the outlet mall, and also enjoyed spending some cash in the cute beachy town of Pismo Beach.
Here are a few of the fruits of our labors. Yes, we filled up the entire trunk.
One fun and unique thing we did was see a hilarious play at this random little theater. It was so funny and the actors did an amazing job. We are still laughing over the funny lines in the play. I would repeat them for you, but you wouldn't get it so it just wouldn't be funny. But here is a picture to give you a little taste of what we saw. We were seriously laughing so hard we cried. I'm amazed I was able to hold the camera still enough to get this shot.
One fun thing we decided to do was to each bring a gift for the others. Three of us brought CD's, one brought a book, and one sister made a beautiful handmade book of quotes about motherhood and family in addition to her CD. It was really fun to learn a little bit about each sister and share something she liked.
Most of all, it was fun to be together with my sisters and have a chance to talk and laugh with them. It seems like whenever we get together we are distracted by Mommy duties, so it was nice to have uninterrupted conversations. I can't wait to do this again!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! How fun to hang with your sisters. We had fun on our getaway, too.

Audrey said...

You lucky gal!! I'm so glad you beautiful girls had such a great time.

The Iglesias Family Story said...

I LOVE Pismo Beach! I used to go there all the time growing up and ride dune buggies with my family. Great memories!

Layton family said...

Man, I want a sisters trip! SOunds like I missed out on that enrichment too.

Drewmeister said...

Sounds like so much fun to hang out with your sisters. You're lucky you live close enough to get together. My sisters are spread all across the country.

giraffe background