Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter: Cute Clothes, Jellybeans, and a Trip to Urgent Care. Oh, and Jesus.

Easter caught me a little off guard this year since I got back from my fun girls' weekend Saturday night. So at 9:30 pm on Saturday I rummaged through my closet to find a couple of trinkets and some candy for the kids' baskets. Luckily Erik had taken the kids to an Easter egg hunt at a friends' house while I was gone, so we had plenty of eggs and candy.
Ben had fun getting into everything while the kids weren't looking.
One thing I usually think ahead on is Easter and Christmas outfits. Basically when I see a cute dress in Olivia's size that has sleeves, I buy it. Thus, I luckily had outfits for the kids already hanging in the closet. Sunday morning before church I had them pose so I could document how adorable they were.
Sorry about all the blurry spots. There's something wrong with my camera.
In the midst of the picture-taking frenzy, we had a casualty. Erik and Olivia, both flailing around in an attempt to get Ben to smile for the camera, bonked heads and Erik got a large gash above his right eye.Since I had a musical number to do, he stuck it out through sacrament meeting and then drove himself to urgent care to get it taken care of. They glued it together and put some fancy-looking tape on to help keep it closed. He's kind of excited about the mean-looking scar he'll get.

Despite the craziness and unplanned nature of this year's Easter, I was lucky enough to experience a wonderful Enrichment night a few weeks ago that depicted the last week of Christ's life. Four people dressed as John the Beloved, Peter, Pontius Pilate, and Mary Magdelene, spoke to us as these close friends of Christ and bore their testimonies of Him. It was so powerful, I was absolutely blown away. When I came home, I told Erik how amazing it was. As I told him, I had expected it to be nice, but it was incredible. I explained "I'm not used to feeling the Spirit when I'm at church." He laughed, but given that we are wrestling kids through sacrament meeting and then in nursery for two hours, Sunday is generally the day I am least likely to feel the Spirit. Not a complaint, just the reality of my life at this moment in time. So, I was grateful for the hard work of so many women to make that Enrichment night a meaninful experience. It really helped me remember the reason we celebrate Easter.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Well, the pictures you got of the kids on Easter morning are cute. Too bad Erik was a casualty of that.
Say "No" to Easter grass.

Lori said...

P.S.
Some of your links are going to the live feed link, instead of the actual blog. Make sense?

Drewmeister said...

sounds like an interesting Easter--but I'm glad it all turned out ok. I'm still trying to figure out how Erik got the cut?

The kids are adorable in their Easter outfits.

Cynthia said...

Lori: no clue what you're talking about. Any ideas how I could fix it though?

LL: When they bonked heads, the wire rim of Erik's glasses got pushed up into his eyelid and caused the gash. Sorry, I didn't make that very clear.

Lori said...

Well, whatever was going on with your links - it works now.

giraffe background