Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Shoes

The other day, I realized Olivia was in dire need of some new shoes. The girl is so tough on her shoes, it's ridiculous. This is what her shoes looked like:
It's a little hard to see, but they are all ripped up, soles falling off, holes everywhere. The white ones were in pretty good shape, but a size and a half too small. So, it was off to Payless Shoe Source and their buy one, get one 1/2 off sale.
And this is what we came home with:

Cute, right? I was so excited to get her some fun summery shoes. She was pretty stoked too. I'm looking forward to more mother-daughter shopping trips as she gets older. As we found her shoes pretty quickly, I decided to "just take a peek" at the ones in my size. And I found these:
Black ballet flats: basic, have them in brown, will get a lot of wear out of them. And the giraffe ones: I'll be honest, I have absolutely no need for these shoes. But when I saw them, I fell completely and madly in love.
I had to have them.
There was nothing I could do. I was magnetically attracted to them in such a way that it was impossible to leave the store without them.
So I didn't.
Let's face it, these shoes were meant to live on my feet.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Those shoes make me smile! I'm inspired to do a little shoe shopping myself :)

Lori said...

Very fun! I can't wait to see you wear those giraffe ones.

Anonymous said...

I can see what you mean, those shoes are totally you! We all need a pair of frivolous shoes!

Layton family said...

YOu crack me up. I got the pink tennies for Jane

Aryn said...

(laughing) very cute indeed! I love those shoes... and they look great on you.

giraffe background