Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Way Back When-sday

It is roadshow season around here, and even though I am not directly involved, I have some friends who are, so I get to hear bits and pieces about it. Our ward is doing a Wizard of Oz theme, and it sounds like it will be really fun. I can't wait to see it. In honor of that, here is a picture of me when I was in the ward roadshow, back when I was 14 years old. I'm with my sister Angela, who's 17. Aren't we stylin'?
The theme was "Under the Big Top" and of course our ward, with all of its uber-talented and creative adults, interpreted "big top" as "everyone has big hair." So we all got to spend a fair amount of time getting our hair sprayed and teased and sprayed some more. If I remember right, it took awhile to get all the snarls out afterwards. But, I also recall that we had a great time. I'm happy to see that the road show tradition lives on.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Fun times. You look so cute. You should do your hair like that more often.

kel said...

Hey...I was in that one too! Good times!!

Drewmeister said...

I had no idea road shows were still around--I loved participating as a teenager

giraffe background