Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Way Back When-sday

Erik suggested I post a picture of us when we were young and skinny. I think the idea was that we could fondly reminisce on the days when we (meaning he) didn't have to worry about what we ate, because we (he) stayed the same weight no matter what.

So, here you go. This is us when we had been married for just a year. That's nine years ago for those of you who don't keep track of our wedding anniversary. And yes, we were young, and we were skinny. But instead of making me think fondly about the early days of our wedded bliss, it kind of makes me depressed. I mean, granted my cheeks will always be a dominating feature, but aside from that, I'm thinking I looked pretty good. Thin(ner), with nary a wrinkle or age spot to be found. And Erik looks like he's about 18, I think.

So here you go, Honey. Us when we were young and thin. I assume that means that now we're old and fat... but at least we have each other, right?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie said...

You are both still young and skinny. I don't see a big difference in that picture and now. You are way too hard on yourself Cynthia!!!

Layton family said...

Oh man he does look 18. Honestly you haven't changed much. At least your fashion sense has evolved. I know, those where the kind of jeans we word back then.

Audrey said...

Cynthia, can I just say that you are as beautiful now as you were 9 years ago. You are way too hard on yourself. You need to realize that you are like fine wine, you just get better with age.

Cathy said...

Love the picture. You could look at it this way...in 10 years we are going to be looking at today's pictures with the same responses, right?

Anonymous said...

I think Erik will always look like he's 18, darn that baby face! Just remember you had the kids!

giraffe background