Sunday, February 22, 2009

Special Bond

Last Sunday morning I came into the living room to find two of my children like this. They were having one of those moments that only those who are truly comfortable with each other can have. They are sharing some quiet time together, with no need to speak or interact. They are happy to just be next to each other, knowing the other is there.

I love how they're both leaning the same way here.These two have always had a special bond. They love each other more than just about anyone else. Ben's face lights up when his big sister is around. He is always happy to be with her, even when she spins him around too fast and precariously holds him upside down.

When Ben was a baby and Olivia decided she'd had it up to here with her stinkin' family, she didn't just threaten to run away. She threatened to take Ben and run away. Even in the throes of anger and discontent, when she was ready to kick us all to the curb, she couldn't imagine life without her baby brother.
Because after all, there's nothing like a sibling who shares your passion for literature.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Totally cute. I love the line, "when Ben was a baby." I guess when my bro Ben was a baby he was "mine." My mom still says we seem to have a special bond. If I were to run away now..I think I would let him stay with his family though. I'm just that nice.

Cynthia said...

That's true, I guess I should have said "When Ben was a newborn." It just seems like he's been with our family forever already... in a good way. :)

Aryn said...

What a sweet post, Cynthia! thanks for the smile.

giraffe background