Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Family of Sickies

This picture fairly accurately represents our life the last two weeks. Every one of us has been hit with sickness, from ear infections to fevers to body aches to coughing and, yes, even diarrhea. I don't blame you if you stop reading now and never read my blog again. I'm aware I'm sharing more than most people want to know. Anyway, in order to combat the aforementioned illnesses, we've had three prescription medications, plus a variety of others, that have come to rest on our kitchen counter one by one by one. I didn't realize just how many drugs had accumulated until Erik started laughing and said "Look how much medicine is out here!" It DOES border on the ridiculous. And yes, that is Airborne, which, despite valiant efforts, failed to deter the germs from visiting me as well. Guess I should have taken it more than once.

Despite the collective germified beating our family has taken recently, I am happy to report that we are officially on the upswing. More than half the family is 90% better, and I have high hopes that there will be a night when I am able to sleep uninterrupted for a full eight hour stretch... OK, make it six. Five and a half. Is it sad that that is what I wish for??

Here's to good health! It's true what they say, you don't appreciate it till you don't have it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Despite the reports that keep coming back saying that cold meds don't work on small children, I'm a huge fan of all drugs. We've also looked like our local pharmacy this winter. You name it. I got it. You want cough but not fever? Got it. Sore throat, fever and itchy toes? Got it.
I sure hope your little ones get a break from it all soon!

Lyndy said...

I so feel for you! As I was getting a scratchy throat and a headache tonight, I though, "here we go again!" Hope you guys pull through soon. Take care.

giraffe background