Saturday, March 21, 2009

A whole year

Five days after Liv's birthday, our little Benny turned one! It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since we went to the hospital to have him. I swear time goes faster with each child. We kept his birthday celebration very low-key. I figure it's best to keep expectations as low as possible so they don't start asking for elaborate parties every year. We just had cake at home in the 20 minutes between Erik getting home from work and me leaving for my photography class. We also gave him a few toys (which I forgot to wrap) that were left over from my Christmas shopping. I hear the big kids enjoyed playing with them while Ben watched.
As you can see from the picture above, Olivia decided to follow in my footsteps and "heart attack" Ben's door, which was very cute. On her hearts, she wrote (I kept her original spelling):
  • nice and kind
  • makes people happy
  • good craller
  • happy
  • smiles a lot
  • good one year old babby boy
Ben also looooooved facing forward in his carseat. It's amazing what a small thing like that can do for one's mood. When I put him in the car facing forward for the first time, he looked at me like it was the best surprise ever. He just kept smiling and giggling, which was so fun. I reached back and held his chubby little hand while I was driving. I love doing that. Happy birthday, Ben! As your sister says, you're not zero any more! Congratulations!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christy said...

happy b-day to your sweeties. I'm going to have to steal the heart attach idea.

Cathy said...

Turning the kids around was huge for each kid from this household too. Emily screamed the first year in her car seat. As soon as I turned her around life was good for everyone.

Hilma Bellessa said...

So fun to share in your happy life.

Julie said...

He's such a cutie! I love seeing him all the time. I didn't know you were taking a photography class. You'll have to tell me all about it!

Maren said...

Happy birthday to the kiddoes. Love the low key plans for the first year - way to go! I too am interested in your photography class - what is it? I am so jealous. I bet it is really great.

giraffe background