Saturday, May 22, 2010

BL Results

OK, I made it to the end of our Biggest Loser competition. As you may recall, I started off strong the first few weeks. I slacked off in the middle there, but was able to pull it together for the last little bit. All in all, I ended up losing 20 pounds!
(Note: this is not a picture of me, just in case you were wondering)

I am very proud of myself and feel really good. The final weigh-in was a couple of weeks ago. Right afterwards we went out of town for the weekend, during which time I ate a ton and exercised none. Three days later I had gained back 2.5 lbs. Oops!

Since the final weigh-in I did take some time off of exercise, and have been very lenient with my food intake (vegetables? Huh? What are those?). However, I have also been getting big headaches, not sleeping well, and feeling lethargic. Thus, I have concluded that even when I'm not trying to lose weight, I suppose I should eat semi-healthy and exercise regularly just so I feel better on a daily basis. I guess my elementary school teachers knew what they were talking about when they told me this 25 years ago. So I'm a little slow on the uptake. I'll get there eventually.

So I didn't win any money (a couple of the ladies totally kicked it, losing 30+ lbs!), but I feel good and got to buy myself some new pants. They're not even tight yet, so that's a plus. I've still got a few pounds I'd like to lose, but overall I'm feeling great and will try not to gain it all back within the next month. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations! You did great! You will do what you need to. Be tough. New skinny jeans are a great reward. Go get 'em!

Alexandria Note said...

Great job Cynthia! I am very proud of you! --Cousin Amy

Lori said...

Cynthia- way to go!! You do look fabulous. That is an amazing accomplishment!

Layton family said...

SUre had fun with you guys the other night! "to covenants"!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news! You look great!

Angela said...

Awesome!! YOu are awesome!! I'm going to hit 40 here this week...well, hopefully. love ya lots!
Angela :)

giraffe background