Wednesday, May 19, 2010

David and Britta, Happily Ever After

We went up to Oakland for Erik's nephew David's wedding to his sweetie Britta. It was the first grandchild to be married on Erik's side. The oldest grandchild on my side is 14, so hopefully we'll have a few years before the kids on my side start getting hitched.

It was so wonderful to be there--in the same temple Erik and I were sealed in--and see these two great people be sealed together for time and all eternity. They looked snappy all dressed in white, wouldn't you agree?


Here's our little family. The flowers were so beautiful all in bloom. I'm happy that mroe than half of us are smiling. You take what you can get when it comes to pictures involving children.
Have I mentioned Erik comes from a very tall family? All of his siblings were able to make it out for the wedding. They aren't all together very often, so photographic evidence had to be taken. I love how Erik seems like a pretty tall guy in person (he's 6'3"), but looks like kind of a shrimp when he's around the rest of his family. The girl in the blue shirt is obviously an in-law. She is way too short to be blood-related. Sorry Rebecca but it's true.
This was at the luncheon following the sealing. An assortment of aunts and sisters and cousins. Beautiful gals, don'tcha think? I love feeling short! And I love these ladies! :) I wanted to get a picture of my kids in front of the temple. Ben was clearly not having it. I call this next one "Roses Bloom Beneath our Feet" (phrase borrowed from the hymn "Love at Home"). It evokes a certain serenity, wouldn't you say?
The reception was beautiful, and since we left the kids with my brother's family, we were actually able to talk and mingle with everyone. Me and Erik with the bride and groom.
Did I mention she is 6'1" and he is 7'3"? Yes, they are going to have crazy tall children.
Here are all 6 of David's sisters. Aren't they gorgeous? Julie (Erik's sister) made all but one of these dresses. She is so talented. And has very impressive time management skills. I mean, the woman has 9 kids! And yet she made these dresses from scratch. Extraordinary.

David's older sister Marie is not yet married, but she wasn't feeling sad about it. Here she is with her boy Ryan. They are adorable together. I took more pictures of them than I did of the bride and groom.

David and Britta's first dance. They were so sweet and in love. What a cute couple. They are seriously both great people, and will be such a strong, righteous family. They are off to a good start!
The sweetest shot of the day: Britta is welcomed into the family by her newest sister Camille (age 3).

Congratulations, David and Britta!!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That was beautiful! Wow. I'll have my daughters hang out with Erik's family as if you double their height at 2 (or projected to be), they'll both be six feet or more. What lovely photo's. Loved the dancing one. Loved seeing you and yours.

Cristian said...

beautiful couple,you look good together .

giraffe background