Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Way Back When-sday: the Gardiners

As I mentioned here, we had a really fun time in Utah visiting some old friends we hadn't seen in awhile. One of those couples was the Gardiners, our pals from University of Michigan graduate school days. I still remember our collective first Sunday, when all us newbies had to stand and introduce ourselves in Relief Society. Angee stood up and I thought "Hooray, a tall one!" We've been friends ever since.

Several of us in the "newly married, no kids yet" group had fun together, doing game nights and other fun activities. Looking back, we should have done more while we had the chance! One night we decided to party like it was 1999. Granted, it WAS 1999 and this was as party-licious as we got. We had a few couples over for pumpkin carving and pizza. Here are Roger and Angee with their pumpkin. Roger is imitating the facial expression on the pumpkin. Aren't they cute?!
To be fair, here are me and Erik on the same night. Our annual jack-o-lanterns look suspiciously similar to this one. I believe I'm to blame for that one. I need to get more creative with my pumpkin carving.
After grad school we dispersed and lost touch, but were so thrilled to catch up with our dear friends once again just a few weeks ago. I think they look exactly the same, except now they have four adorable kids to call their own.
Here's hoping it won't be another 10 years before we get together again! We love you guys!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

So when are you coming to Boise?

Cynthia said...

Seriously, we need to. We miss you guys!!!

Angee said...

Thanks, Cynthia! I've never had someone write a whole post about me on their blog before! What an honor! It was seriously so fun to see you guys again. I love the pictures from the pumpkin carving night. I regret not doing more while we could and taking more pictures. Oh well, here's to more times in the future. Thanks for coming to see us. And yes, I think we have changed. A lot. You are just being nice.

giraffe background