Friday, August 28, 2009

Sister Time!

My baby sister came to visit us for a couple of days, and we had so much fun! First off, I don't know why I insist on calling her my baby sister ...perhaps because she's the only younger sibling I've got, and with five kids in the family, you take whatever slight upper hand you can get.

She has two adorable girls, and our kids had a ball playing together. The first night they were here, Olivia asked "Mommy, why does Aunt Jessica look exactly like you?" My reply? "Because she's beautiful!" Seriously though, I don't think we look that much alike, but maybe that's because I see myself every day.

We enjoyed playing at the neighborhood pool.
We haven't been to the pool much this summer, since Ben is at that age where he will just crawl/walk right into the pool, and I have to watch him every second. He is so funny though, I just have to laugh at his antics. That's a purple dive toy in his mouth.
This one is called My Mom Dressed Me in a Too-Small Shirt and Too-Big Shorts. Poor third child.
Another day, we fed the ducks and went on the swings at the park.

Five little cousins, all in a row:
Of course, no visit is complete without treats! We tried out a new frozen yogurt place, and it was yummy! Ben preferred eating the chalk over the actual yogurt.


The last day of her visit, we went to see yet another sister who also lives in the area, and we all spent the day together before leaving Jessica and her girls there to play for a couple more days.

The three little boys all happened to be wearing their red tie-dye shirts we made at our 4th of July get-together.

Thanks for coming to visit us Jessica, Haley, and Lindsay! We love you!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Family visits are the best.

Christy said...

Sisters ROCK! How fun to get together with everyone. And all of those cute cousins! So fun.

giraffe background