Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm Not Dead. And, Happy New Year!

I know, I know. It's been about eight thousand years since I've posted. I am just so sick of looking at that picture of me and my sisters I could throw up. And I've already been throwing up lately so I don't want to do it any more than I have to.

So, it's a new year, and I thought that would be a good time to start blogging again. And then I didn't do it yesterday, so I'm already behind. Way to start off, huh?

We had a very low-key New Year's Eve at our house. We had our friend Abbie over and ate snacks, played charades, took turns showing off our moves at our impromptu dance-a-thon, and rung in the new year around 7:30 pm. I know, we are party animals. Here are the girls with their festive gear.

I just love how the elastic from his hat emphasizes Ben's chubby cheek.

Caleb the goofball.

We got the boys matching superhero pj's for Christmas. They have Superman and Batman. Here they are a few days ago, showing off their twin outfits. Ben LOVES to match Caleb in any way, shape or form. And Caleb is a good sport of a big brother. Actually, I think he thinks it's pretty fun too.

Here they are yesterday after I shaved both of their heads. They both got lollipops for being brave. I cried when I cut off Ben's baby fine hair, but it's time for him to be a big boy. He is going to be a big brother in about 6 months.
He looks so different now. We packed his crib away too and put him in a big boy bed. I will post a picture once I take one. It is already starting off to be a new year of change for our Benny Boy.

5 comments:

Alexandria Note said...

Congratulations Cynthia!! I m excited for you! I have missed your blog posts. Cousin Amy

Suzanne said...

Great to see everyone's happy faces! So, throwing up?....

Jamie said...

I have been wondering about you! Happy new year and Congratulations on the coming addition!

Christy said...

1. Glad you aren't dead.
2. Excited that you are pregnant.
3. Happy to know you had a great Christmas.

And as a side note...you mocked your poor mama for those (awesome, by the way!) bright pink matching rompers and yet your boys were all matchy-matchy Christmas superheros. I'm as guilty as you are. And I plan on many more matching opportunities.

Cathy said...

HELLO? NEW BABY? How exciting! How have you been feeling? Your kids are looking so grown up,it is crazy.

giraffe background