Saturday, January 8, 2011

Big Boy

I thought I'd post a few more pictures of Ben. It's been a week since his haircut and I still find myself staring at him sometimes, thinking he looks so different now with his shaved head. Such a big boy.
Here he is in his new Big Boy Bed (mattress--we start them out close to the ground in case of falls). He loooooves it, especially the fact that he has matching bedding with his big brother.
I have had these truck stickers for like 2 years now, and we finally got around to putting them up. I needed to let go of the idea of having them perfectly placed and let everyone just go for it. I think it looks just fine. The boys like it so that's what counts, right?

He loves the "choo-choo" pj's that he got for Christmas.

I just organized the boys' room, which included going through several bins of clothes. I found these undies in a bin and he wanted to try them on for a bit. Which is funny because he is nowhere near potty trained, but I think he looks cute with his Superman top and Spiderman undies. He's such a superhero of a kid, it is fitting. Plus, I haven't gotten a pic of those cute chunky thighs for awhile.


In other Ben updates, he has started speech therapy twice a week. He is very verbally delayed for his age, so we are hoping this will help him catch up. It is going pretty well, although we usually cut the hour-long visits short because his attention span just doesn't last that long. We are working with him at home too, trying to reinforce what the speech therapist is teaching him. Right now we are working on putting two sounds together, like u-p and jui-ce. He is responding but progress is slow. He has spent 2.5 yrs with 4 family members anticipating his wants and needs, now he needs to start verbalizing them for himself. I have high hopes for my Superboy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He's adorable!! Good luck with the speech therapy -- I've seen amazing things happen through it. You guys are awesome.

Cathy said...

Welcome to the world of speech! Life got so much easier for everyone once we started understanding what Andrew was saying! Ben is a super cute kid. Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne said...

My goodness. How time flies. He's adorable. Hey Kiddo, we have a Christmas card on our counter with your name and a stamp, but no address....HELP!

Cynthia said...

Suzanne, I will email you our address. I didn't get a Christmas card together this year, otherwise I would totally send you one!

giraffe background