Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Way Back When-sday: Matching Outfits

This blast from the past comes from the year 1975, when I was just one year old. My mom fashioned these snazzy matching rompers for me and my two older sisters. My blonde-haired sister was 4, and the oldest was 9. My brother, who was 7 at the time, was no doubt inside the house assembling a short-wave radio out of spare vacuum cleaner parts.
There are several things to note about these rompers. First is the fabulous geometric-patterned fabric. Rectangles, my favorite shape! I'm pretty sure the material was a nice thick polyester to boot. Mmm, I bet it was smooth as butter against our skin. And the colors. Is there even a word for that retina-burning bright-pink color? I'm guessing you'd be hard-pressed to find any replicate of this fabric these days. To quote Phoebe from Friends: "My eyes! My eyes!"


I'm pretty sure my younger sister was up in heaven thanking her lucky stars that she didn't have to be the fourth member of this matched set quite yet.

On another note, I am in love with my sister Angela's haircut and especially her chipmunk cheeks. Those cheeks are famous in our family, and that hair combined with those cheeks reminds me of my Benny. Which can't be a bad thing.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I happen to love that color pink and to quote a wise old wolf, "The better to see you with, My Dear." Very cute.

giraffe background