Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summertime, Summertime, Sum Sum Summertime

I am so very behind in blogging. I feel like I say that every time I post. Anyway, we are having a fun summer, here are a few of the things we've done.

Caleb did a one-week basketball camp. He loved it! He is earning himself a basketball hoop this summer by doing 75 jobs.


I made a homemade lemon cheesecake for Father's Day! Erik is such a great dad, the kids all love him best and I can't even feel bad about it because he totally surpasses me as far as parenting goes. He is always willing to play with the kids and makes up fun games for them to play. Their favorites are Rocketship and Secret Agents.


The kids have been begging for months to have a lemonade stand, so I finally relented.
Even though we live at the end of a cul-de-sac, they got some good business and ended up earning $7! Not bad! Now they want to have one every day, but I tried to explain to them that they don't want to wear out their clientele.


I took the big kids to a small local water park, which they loved. They are at the perfect age for this. Erik was home with Ben, who was taking a nap. I'll admit, it was much easier not having a 2-year-old to chase. That kid is crazy around water.

Finally tall enough for the water slides!


Popsicles are one of the best parts of summer. That and ice cream.

I still need to post about Calel's birthday and our trip to Utah, but at least this gives a few quick updates. Hope you're all having a great summer!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little family!! I wish we lived closer . . .

Suzanne said...

Ice cream on a hot summer day...YES! Loved seeing all those happy faces. Good luck with those 75 chores, Buddy!

mindy said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!

giraffe background