Monday, November 2, 2009

Quotable Caleb

This happened a few weeks ago, but it has definite application to post-Halloween week. Plus, I'm still giggling about it.

A few weeks ago I hosted a baby shower. I had bought a few different kinds of candy and set them in bowls around the living room for people to snack on. Hardly anyone ate the candy, so the next day there was quite a bit left over.

Caleb helped himself, and apparently he had been frequenting the candy bowls more often than I had thought, because in the afternoon he sauntered in to the family room and announced: “No more treats for me!”
If he had eaten enough to know that he’d had too much, he must have really overdone it!

I find myself repeating this phrase quite often the past few days. "No more treats, Cynthia. You've had enough."

Then I go sneak some more candy out of my kids' pumpkin baskets. Sigh. I'm hopeless.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I am hopeless too! My stomach hurts and I am still going in for more! Thank goodness I don't drink...

giraffe background