Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Halloween

OK, so it's a week late, but we had a little, er, mishap on Halloween day. Let's just say,

adorable toddler trick-or-treating for the first time
+
dead camera battery
=
tragic :(

But, good mother that I am, I dressed the kids up a week later to recreate and photographically document. "It's for the blog!!"

And now, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present....

Coming at you from a time long, long ago and a galaxy far, far away....

Princess Leia:
Obi-Wan Kenobi:and of course, Master Yoda:

Let's take a closer peek at this one, shall we? Once again, his size extra-large noggin doesn't quite accommodate the head gear. But, he's darn cute if I do say so myself.
The gang got all excited to have "matching" costumes this year. We borrowed Yoda's, bought Obi-Wan's (he was originally going to be Luke Skywalker but that costume was nowhere to be found), and my friend helped me make the Princess Leia costume. It was so much fun, and the kids loved it! I must admit, I thought they were adorable.
The big kids last a little longer with their trick-or-treating each year. They got quite the loot! When the handle on Caleb's pumpkin basket broke because it was so heavy, we took that as a sign it was time to go home.
We sorted it all into categories. Yes, I'm weird that way.

The hair's cute, right? I did it myself.

One last pic just because I couldn't leave it out. I love my cute Star Wars characters.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

How cute is that! My kids would be jealous. They love star wars. What a great start to my day!

Christy said...

Very cute. Worth the re-enactment!

mindy said...

Super cute cynthia--It was worth recreating.

mindy said...

That's funny--me and your friend Christy said basically the same thing at the same time.

Hilma Bellessa said...

You are a great costume mother. So cute!

giraffe background