Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shiny Happy Yellow

I never did post about this in the summer when it actually happened, but we got our house painted! It was badly in need of a new paint job, and we figured we may as well pick a color we like better than boring old gray (no offense if you have a gray house). I have always wanted a yellow house, so we decided to go for it!
We first chose a few yellows from the teeny-tiny 2-square inch samples and the painter painted larger patches of them on the house so we could see them. Can you say NEON YELLOW?!!
I think our neighbors were getting worried. But, we toned it way down, and I love how it turned out! The color we chose is the furthest one away in this next picture. A small patch of it looks like a light beige, but when you apply it to an entire two-story house it's a nice creamy yellow.First they primed it,
then came the yellow paint! It was so exciting to see the house transform before my eyes!
I think it looks great with the white trim, don't you? Please pardon these last two pictures; apparently I am incapable of taking a straight up-and-down photo. Do you think my head is crooked? Don't answer that.I also wanted a red door, but Erik wasn't quite ready for that kind of commitment. So, we stuck with white. I am going to work on him... But I do think the white is just dandy, don't get me wrong.
I love my new yellow house. It's such a happy color! If you live in the area come over and see it! Heck, even if you don't live in the area come over and see it! Me and my yellow house would love to see you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest house!! Congrats on the brave new color scheme. Do what I did with the front door -- just paint it while he's gone to priesthood session. It's a fun surprise when he comes home. ;) Really, they think they care, but they don't.

Cathy said...

I am on the next plane...love the yellow. Changing color is always fun to do! Yeah..priesthood session is coming up...I say go for it.

Suzanne said...

Love the house color! Yellow is one of my most favorite house colors. If we didn't have green tinged rock as accents, I'd have a yellow house. Good job!

Tracy said...

I love it. I too have always wanted a yellow house. Maybe a beach house :) But I've always wanted a pink one of those.

Drewmeister said...

I painted my bedroom yellow because it is such a happy color. Glad you like it!

Layton family said...

you should have a party so we can all come see it!

Cynthia said...

I'm hosting a baby shower for Audrey M. sometime within the next month (haven't nailed down a date yet). You can all see it then! :)

daveanddebbie said...

I love yellow houses. They really are cheerful. And yes, I'd love to come over and see it! I

giraffe background