Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Way Back When-sday: My Shrimpy Hubby

I was looking through some old pictures last night and giggled when I came upon this one that was taken at our wedding reception.

If you haven't ever met my husband it won't be very meaningful to you. But, I assume most of you have. Erik is in the middle in this picture, and he is 6'3". Now, that's fairly tall. He's usually among the tallest in the room at any sort of gathering.... that is, unless the gathering includes his family.
These are Erik's brothers (and one brother-in-law who has been in the family since Erik was 10). My family and I thought it was so hilarious that Erik looked so short and we kept taking pictures. Erik and his brothers didn't get it, but they gamely posed for the "in-law paparazzi."

I still get a kick out of the fact that most places we go, Erik and I are one of the taller couples, and in my family we are both the tallest of our gender by a couple of inches apiece. But when we get together with Erik's family, we are the shorties. My neck gets kind of cricked from looking up so much.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love visiting with my in-laws as my sister-in-laws (except one) are all over six feet. I feel absolutely puny. I did have to take a second to locate Erik. He does look short in the photo. Good for you!

Julie said...

That's pretty funny. Good clean fun.

Lori said...

Wow! I married into a tall family. Dave is 6'4", and has cousins that are much taller.

Christy said...

I can't imagine what it would look like to put someone like me into that picture. :)

Hilma and David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

giraffe background