Monday, June 29, 2009

Have you ever wondered...

...what 1,200 pounds of food storage looks like???

Well, look no further my friend, because here it is!

That's right, we FINALLY made the plunge and got a nice start on our food storage. Am I the only one who has felt guilty for the past decade because I didn't have sufficient food storage? It's one of those things that has nagged me for so long, but I just didn't know how to get started. However, thanks to a local woman who spends probably hundreds of hours in organizing a huge multi-stake Walton feed order, I jumped on the bandwagon and bought some staples. Finally.

I'm not sure if I thought it would look like more or less than this, but I'm feeling pretty confident that my family won't starve any time soon. Need to borrow a cup of sugar? I'm your gal. Out of flour? Look no further. Heck, need a few pounds of raw wheat? Give me a call. I even have a wheat grinder. Of course, it's still in the box.... but we can figure out how it works later... right?

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I am waiting for our Walton feed order to come in..I get sort-of addicted to this whole thing!

Christy said...

Holy Macaroni! Seriously. I was feeling pretty good about the extra boxes of spaghetti I had in the pantry until I saw this little post. That is a CRAZY amount of food.

I'm coming for dinner.

For a month. :)

Suzanne said...

I know the feeling! We've got the same kind of stuff hiding in the space under our staircase. My concern now is how do I fix it? I can't get my kids to eat regular food. GOOD JOB!

Kristen said...

Very impressive!

Drewmeister said...

Way to go girl!

giraffe background