Saturday, October 10, 2009

Off to Important Business

... with fairy wings. And yes, he does wear pants. Sometimes. They just usually don't stay on for long. And I keep failing to photographically document it when he does wear them. Who needs pants anyway, right?

This picture reminds me of a story my sister told me recently. She heard it at stake conference, so it's third-hand, so I haven't verified the details. But it's pretty cute.

Apparently, in the church nursery one Sunday, one of the younger (18 months old-ish) kids was sad and crying. One of the older (3 yrs old) kids went over to comfort him. As the nursery leader snuck behind them up to keep an eye on things, she was surprised to see the older child placing his hands on the younger kid's head. He then proceeded to "administer" a priesthood blessing. "I bless you that you won't cry," and so on. The woman telling the story then remarked, "The best part was, the older kid had fairy wings on!"

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

that is a great story! David did that once with me when I was having a mommy meltdown moment. I was sitting on the floor with my head in my hands. David was around 4 -- then there were little hands on my head. "Mommy needs a blessing." They learn fast. no wings though.

Tracy said...

Love the wings. Blake couldn't get enough of the girls' princess shoes. Since he was the only one that wore them, they found a new home.

Cynthia said...

Tracy, he should have passed them on to Ben! :)

giraffe background