Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Introducing...

Eli Jensen Rasmussen


Born June 20, 2011


9 lbs even


21" long

Sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to the blogging, I feel pretty beat up still. The fourth c-section has been brutal on this aging body, although we are so grateful everything went smoothly. No hemorrhaging this time, hooray! It is just going to take awhile to get back into the swing of life, especially now that I have FOUR children! Yikes! But you don't want to hear about me, let's look at pictures of the new addition....

Does this look like a proud sister or what? As we knew she would, Olivia fell in love with Eli right away, despite the fact he wasn't a sister.




Already chubby. I told the doctor, I don't grow them small. I'm soooo glad he let us get him out 11 days early. Doesn't look like he is underdeveloped or anything, right?

It's hard to believe our Benny is a big brother now. So far Eli has survived so that's good.




Caleb and Olivia have been great helpers. They love to hold and snuggle their new brother.




We were so grateful to have Nana come and help out for a week. She held down the fort at home while Erik hung out with me at the hospital. She was in constant motion, washing dishes, folding laundry, getting snacks for the kids.... we kept her busy. We are indebted to her for her loving service to us. Can you feel the love in this picture?




I don't think Eli has to worry about getting enough love. He has wriggled his way into our hearts already, and we can't imagine our family without him.



8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh Cynthia! He is beautiful!!! He's absolutely perfect! Welcome Eli. Hang in there, Battered-Body Mom! You did well. Good job! Good job. I do feel your pain. You sure make beautiful kids -- every single one of them. We love you!

Alexandria Note said...

He is just adorable, Cynthia. And so chubby. I love his little cheeks. I'm happy for you! You're all grown up now, mother of four kids. I hope you start feeling better soon. Cousin Amy

Cathy said...

He is wonderful! All his brothers and sister look so happy to have him. Aren't older siblings a great help?! Congrats on number four.

chris said...

What a sweet chubby baby! Love those cheeks. Congrats, my friend. Take it a day at a time, and get as much rest as you can.

Christy said...

What a cute, perfect little addition to your gorgeous crew. I hope you recover soon so you can sneak in a little of that cuddle time as well!

Hilma Bellessa said...

You do such a good job with your blog. I'm so happy to see the new one. I bet your mom was exhausted but very happy to be able to be with you. So fun to learn about your life. (Aunt Hilma)

mindy said...

He's beautiful. Congratulations!!

Hiralious said...

You've such an adorable family. I like your expression too.

I have six kids in my family (not my own) and i can imagine reading your posts what a great experience it must be to become a mom. I love kids!

giraffe background