Friday, January 1, 2010

Santa Was Good to Us This Year

At the last minute, Santa decided to bring us a trampoline this year. The kids were so excited! After the initial argumentative adjustment period--they were jumping in each others' personal space, I guess--the kids have LOVED it! They have played on it together every single day.

Santa just set up the actual trampline part for Christmas morning. The kids were so excited when they came outside in the morning and saw it. We let them jump on it for a few minutes.

I never had a trampoline as a kid, but I totally remember that nobody had safety nets. It was all open-air jumping and exposed springs. Probably not the safest idea.


Who IS this crazy kid? She certainly didn't learn that move from her mother.

We spent most of Christmas afternoon putting up the safety net around the tramp, and the kids have been on it ever since.

Think he likes the new toy?

She learned how to do fancy spins.

"I think I'll just stand right here and watch."

So I think Santa made a good choice this year. Hooray!
Hopefully I won't be blogging about trampoline-induced injuries any time soon.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I definitely had to check out your blog after receiving your holiday card. Your family is cute! My kids would be so jealous of your trampoline. They were at the neighbors' all afternoon jumping. I bet it's great in helping them get to sleep at night. I'm glad to see you're still out there and thanks for keeping in touch. I'm sorry no Christmas cards from our family for the last few years. Maybe I'll get to them this year? Wishful thinking, huh! Take care Cynthia! Oh, you can check out our blog at shawnandtanya.blogspot.com I haven't updated in a while though.

Suzanne said...

Love the photos! Trampolines are wonderful. We were lucky to get one just before we moved and I keep waiting for the kids to jump a hole in it. They have a blast and sleep much better -- which is a blast for me! Congratulations

giraffe background