Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Fat Loser

This is what both my husband and my sister have mistakenly called everyone's favorite reality show, "The Biggest Loser." And thanks to my friend Tracy, I am now part of a local Biggest Loser club.

We did our initial weigh-in last night (Ouch! That extra holiday cheer has really adhered itself to my waistline!) and for the next 16 weeks we will weigh-in weekly and compare our percentage of weight lost with the others in the group. At the end of the 16 weeks, the person with the highest percentage of weight-loss wins! We each put money in the pot, and the first-place winner wins 75% of the pot, 2nd place gets 25%.

And I have to say, most of the women in the group look like they have maybe 5 lbs to lose before they will be in the "too-skinny" range. Which means, me and my currently-large hips have a pretty good shot at winning!

Sixteen weeks sounds like a long time, but I figure if I actually stick to it and thus lose weight at a reasonable rate (an average of 1-2 lbs per week), by the end of the 16 weeks I will FINALLY be at good, healthy (don't forget HOT) weight.

Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

Erik said...

Good luck Cynthia and please ignore my earlier advice about cheating in order to win.

Cathy said...

That is cool that you are doing that!

Suzanne said...

What a terrific plan! I'm on the post baby, baby, baby, baby, baby diet. Wish I could get in on the pot. You'd get some stiff competition!

Julie said...

Why didn't I get an invite to join this group? I need it badly. Maybe I'll just do it on my own along side you guys like the pathetic want a be at school who pretends to be a part of the cool crowd.

Lori said...

Good for you! I'll have to do my own program after this baby comes.

daveanddebbie said...

Good luck! I need a biggest looser here! I' trying to do my own plan, but being home for the past 6 days with sick kids has not gotten me very far with my ambitious new goals! Hope you take home the jackpot!

giraffe background