Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving: The 3 F's

Thanksgiving weekend brings some fun times. We were lucky enough to spend some time on the three essential F's:

1. FAMILY

My sister Angela's family came for the day, and the cousins had so much fun together. They put on a Thanksgiving play (Ben was the turkey), played soccer in the backyard, and watched the movie "Up". We love cousins!! We are grateful they came to visit us for the day.

2. FOOD

We made way too much food (can you say 10 lbs. of mashed potatoes?!) which was absolutely delicious. We had leftovers for days. I love Thanksgiving food! Mmmm, stuffing and mashed potatoes smothered with homemade gravy. Delish!

3. FOOTBALL

Erik played in our ward's Turkey Bowl and was only sore for a couple of days. He did great. We also watched the local high school team play in the regional playoffs. It was exciting to watch. It was also exciting trying to keep Ben from tumbling head-first down the bleachers. I'm sure all the folks around us appreciated him walking back and forth behind them 47 times, patting their backs with his little hand each time. Don't worry, he granted them one of his signature grins so they couldn't get too upset.

...oh, and shopping. I won't post pics of the carnage, but I will tell you my sister and I spent 5 hours at the outlets on Black Friday. Let's just say we had success.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds wonderful! I like the Black Monday myself. Takes courage to face the hordes on Black Friday. Congrats on the success.

Erik said...

It was a good thing we had 10 lbs of mash potatoes because I messed up the one dish I was responsible for, the turkey.

mindy said...

Looks delish. You were brave to go the the outlets on black friday--i've done it only once and will most likely not do it again. There was no Christmas love happening there.

Maren said...

Looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

giraffe background