Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're Ba-ack...

Whew, I'm pooped! We had a fun and fabulous time in Utah, seeing lots of family and friends, admiring temples from afar and a-near, eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and having an all-and-all great trip. The kids were troopers in the car, and everyone (except the mom) slept really very well.

Now that I'm home and back in touch with the world, I realize how much can happen in a mere 10 days. John Hughes died (sad--I loved Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off... pretty much anything he directed). Melissa is the new Food Network Star (yay! I really liked her). And Paula is off American Idol (it's about time), only to be replaced by Posh Spice (huh?!?).

Amid all this turmoil, it's nice to know there are a few constants in the world, like Jon and Kate's marital problems and the mystery paternity of Michael Jackson's kids.

Report of our fun, fun trip coming soon! Good thing I only have 600 photos to sift through.

4 comments:

Kel said...

Cynthia, you make me laugh!!

Suzanne said...

You are too funny! WIsh you could hear the chuckles.

Unknown said...

Hey! I've BEEN around and all that stuff was news to me. Mental note: watch more TV.

Lori Lyn said...

What a great summary of the all the important things happening in the world. Hilarious!

giraffe background