Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Call Me Little Miss Crafty

Are you having a baby? Well, if you are, and you know me, you may now commence to rejoice. Why, you ask? Because, my friends, I am on a baby gift-making roll. I just can't stop making cute baby things, and since my own baby is a toddler already, I'm not going to be getting much use out of them any time soon. And I'm NOT pregnant, so you can just zip your mouth shut about that right now.

I started out making burp cloths. Well, not so much making as sewing ribbons onto. I got really excited about it and bought a whole bunch of ribbon. It seemed every time I went to Michael's or Joann's (which was often, at this point), I found some new adorable ribbon I just had to have.

I gave these to my friend Laura at her baby shower last week. She's having a boy.

I also couldn't resist making her a blanket out of this super-cute monkey fabric:

Next I moved on to the girls. Audrey, don't look unless it's already past Friday. Or, act surprised and thrilled at your baby shower:

I have lots more adorable, coordinating ribbon, so if I don't know you're pregnant, call me! I'll make you some!

Even while I was in the midst of my ribbon-buying spree, I decided I wanted to learn yet another fun craft. My super-talented friend Amy had posted about making some adorable onesies awhile ago, and I suddenly decided I had to learn how to make them RIGHT NOW. Mine are pretty basic, so please don't compare mine to her masterpieces, but I think they're pretty cute:

I realize they aren't all girl onesies and they're on a pink blanket, but I wanted to take a pic before I sent these off in the mail. Here are the rest of the first batch:

Please disregard the fact that some of the images are kind of too small (Superman), and/or crooked (umbrella).

For some reason it was easier for me to think of cute boy ideas. I guess because I have two boys of my own!

My favorite boy ones:

And my fave of the girls:

They are so fun to make! Now if you'll excuse me, there are several more pregnant ladies in my ward so I need to go make some more baby gifts before I decide to move on to the next craft.

10 comments:

Layton family said...

Oh yeah, one of the first recipients here! I wonder what Audrey will get on Friday??? Very talented I must agree!

Unknown said...

Sooooooooo cute! We'll have to trade patterns via email. Love it! I told you they were easy.

Amy said...

I love them. I'd better hurry and have another baby.

Suzanne said...

Mine were awfully cute! I loved them. Abigail had one classy burp cloth to spit up on today! Thank you card is in the mail. :)

Tracy said...

Wow, I didn't know you were so crafty. I love the onesies. To bad no more babies. So sad. Will go eat chocolate now.

Lori said...

I'm impressed! I didn't know you were so crafty! Way to go!

Lori said...

I didn't realized I said the exact same thing Tracy did. Funny.

Julie said...

Oh man! I had my baby 2-3 weeks before you got all crafty. That's OK, I got some cute outfits instead.

mindy said...

Super cute cynthia--i think i'll get pregnant just to get some:)

Cynthia said...

I know Julie, I was feeling kind of bad that I missed the "summer baby" group. I didn't have time for crafting until the kids started school. I'll get you on your next go-round. ;)

giraffe background